Monday, September 16, 2013

The Epicness of Cupcakes

Last year, I started making cupcakes on the side to earn some extra money to pay for wedding expenses.  As it turns out, I am REALLY good at making them.  The cupcakes were a hit at not only my old job, but my husband's place of work as well.  I expanded the business to include shipping to other locales, and working special events.  I recently donated 4 dozen to the Elm Street Nightmares Roller Derby Team Bakesale (Go, Denton!) I am making cupcakes for my first ever wedding.  I'm a little nervous, but also super excited because of the earning potential there could be because of wedding guests.

While I had to scale back so I could take care of Boogie, I decided to still bake cupcakes for special events.  These can include anything from birthdays to weddings, family reunions, tailgate parties, holiday parties, graduations, etc.

Don't worry... I'm not trying to drum up business with this post.  I just remembered I forgot to mention what I do when I'm not in Facebook land.  However, if you DO want to check out what I have done, I have a facebook page for my lovely treats. http://www.facebook.com/EpicCupcakes2012.

There are pictures there from my enormous Valentine's Day Bake-A-Thon where I baked 15 dozen cupcakes in one kitchen.  There are pictures of my sometimes baking assistant.  There are pictures of some of the cupcakes we have made, and there are pictures of the cupcakes we made for the Nightmares. (Those are my fave).

If you do check it out, let me know what you think!  And if you like what you see, maybe pass my name along to someone you know who is in need of some tasty treats!

These were some lovely birthday treats

These were another special order.  Aren't those flowers adorable?

Baking baking baking... 

Snicker's Cupcake.  One of my favorites... so yummy

Oh man... these were fun.  Some of these are alcoholic!

Cupcakes made for the Elm Street Nightmares

S'Mores Cupcake



Some of the Fall Cupcakes

Easter Cupcakes.  I love how bright the Peeps ones are :)

Irish Car Bomb, one of the Biggest Sellers

No comments:

Post a Comment